Me Luna® Softness
A menstrual cup must be easy to insert and then unfold fully inside the vagina. Only then will it work perfectly and form a proper seal. Pressure from the surrounding muscles must not prevent the menstrual cup from unfolding. A menstrual cup should not remain pressed flat under any circumstances. The material must therefore have a certain amount of tension. Being able to insert and position a menstrual cup quickly and simply is also something that many users really appreciate. This is another reason why a menstrual cup must have enough tension.
However, it goes without saying that the cup should not feel uncomfortably hard for you. A menstrual cup should create no sensation of pressure whatsoever.
When inserted, and provided your cup fits and is in the correct position, you will not feel a thing. You will only feel a sensation of pressure if the cup is not sitting correctly and is too big for you. The degree of softness is not to blame in this case, but the dimensions of the menstrual cup.
- Me Luna® Soft. The material feels very soft and is quite easy to press together. However, most of the tension is lost compared with the Me Luna® Classic. The Soft degree of softness is very soft and barely springs back at all. The Me Luna® Soft is more difficult to insert and unfold, and requires much more dexterity and patience. If the pressure from the surrounding muscles is too strong, there is the risk that the menstrual cup will not unfold correctly inside the vagina and will not form a seal. For many women, Me Luna® Soft does not unfold properly or at all. For these reasons, we recommend the Me Luna® Soft only on rare occasions and subject to very specific conditions.
Me Luna® Soft has been specifically developed for women who are particularly sensitive. In this case, it is sometimes worthwhile using a very soft material and spending more time inserting and correctly unfolding the menstrual cup. In some cases, women who are particularly sensitive to pressure and pain as a result of ureteritis require a very soft menstrual cup.
A very soft menstrual cup does not offer any advantage when it comes to application or achieving a better seal.
- Me Luna® Classic. It is our best-selling menstrual cup. It is therefore available in a large range of colours. The Classic degree of softness is medium-soft and suitable for most women. Me Luna® Classic is pleasantly soft, but still firm enough to ensure that your menstrual cup can unfold after it is inserted. 97% of our customers find Me Luna® Classic to be comfortable and not too hard.
The Me Luna® Classic is too soft for some women. For women with well-toned pelvic floor muscles, the unfolding of the cup is a bit laborious and can take some time.
- Me Luna® Sport. The Sport degree of softness is a slightly harder menstrual cup. When you press it together, you can feel the force with which it springs back. This high tension means that it can unfold perfectly, even against the pressure of the surrounding muscles, and will therefore maintain a seal even during physical exertion. Very few women find Me Luna® Sport to be uncomfortable during insertion, and this is usually just during their first few uses when they are still inexperienced. Many customers get on very well with the harder material as the cup unfolds perfectly and repositioning is not usually necessary. Using the Me Luna® Sport saves time above all else. Thanks to the excellent positioning of this menstrual cup, many women have far fewer problems with the cup leaking.
Me Luna® Sport was initially developed specifically for women with especially strong pelvic floor muscles and who are physically active. But this cup also offers clear benefits for women who are not into sport. We recommend Me Luna® Sport:
- for women whose athletic fitness is above average, or who have well-toned pelvic floor muscles. Some sports and exercises have a strong effect on the pelvic floor muscles. These include, in particular: yoga, horse riding, pilates, weight training, kegel exercises, pole dancing. If you practise any of the exercises and sports listed above, then you should definitely choose Me Luna® Sport.
- for any woman with normal muscle tone who likes a menstrual cup to unfold easily and quickly.